TLC Trail Runners Code of Conduct
- Respect the trail
- Respect the environment
- Respect wildlife
- No littering
- Respect your fellow runner.
- Help others – you were a beginner once.
- Respect the landowner – they make trails available for a race – not for your personal enjoyment when there isn’t a race – when a gate is closed, it’s closed – so don’t swear at landowners when confronted about trespassing.
- If there’s a hill…. get over it.
- Respect the marshals and officials.
- No princesses or drama queens allowed – this one is mainly for the guys.
- Adhere to the basics
- Stick to the rules of the road.
- Train – well sort of.
- Pay it forward – help others in need - you may need help one day.
- Remember the basics
- Bring a cell phone
- Bring food
- Carry enough liquid
- If you are doing a race, your goodie bag isn’t always going to be like Oxpecker. Get over it.
- Don’t trash the organisers on Social Media – have the balls to chat to them first.
- If racing, follow the arrows – not the person in front of you.
- Enjoy it – we get it that fitness and health are a big part of what you do but have fun as well.
Chill, Chat, Have a Cold One, Share Stories,
Show off your toys
- enjoy it!