Emergency and Medical Services
- • Our EMS provider will assure you of their best attention at all times.
- • An ambulance with fully trained crew will be based on the closest accessible public road to the race to transport any injured runners to the nearest suitable medical facility.
- • At the Start/Finish area a Medical Base will be available for runners who have minor injuries treated by a medic for at least one hour after each stage finishes.
- • Marshals will be situated at strategic points along the route to guide participants to assist with safety, especially at crossings or blind intersections. They will be identifiable by their Bibs.
- • Officials will be positioned where participants have to cross public roads. They will endeavour to give runners right of way, but runners MUST OBEY THEIR EVERY COMMAND.
- • In the absence of a marshal or traffic officer, all participants are to comply with all traffic regulations.
Route Marking for Various Distances
- • All events route markers will consist of GREEN arrows on white background.
- • A popular marking technique is to use “Orange” stickers. These will be used along the route as well.
Water and Food
- • Runners will have water points on their routes (maximum interval is 15km).
- • On all routes there will be adequate water points on the route where energy drinks and water will be available. There is also a water point at the finish.
“The Year of The Trails”