Facilities & Checklist
Emergency and Medical Services
- Our EMS provider will assure you of their best attention at all times.
- Each of the stages will have rescue vehicles with a minimum of one Intermediate Life Support crew.
- An ambulance with fully trained crew will be based on the closest accessible public road to the race to transport any injured riders to the nearest suitable medical facility.
- At the Start/Finish area a Medical Base will be available for runners who have minor injuries treated by a medic for at least one hour after each stage finishes.
- Marshals will be situated at strategic points along the route to guide participants to assist with safety, especially at crossings or blind intersections. They will be identifiable by their Bibs.
- Officials will be positioned where participants have to cross public roads. They will endeavour to give runners right of way, but runners MUST OBEY THEIR EVERY COMMAND.
- In the absence of a marshal or traffic officer, all participants are to comply with all traffic regulations.
Route Marking for the Stage Race
- The Cool Ideas 2019 Trail Run Series’ route markers will consist of GREEN arrows on white background.
- A popular marking technique is to use “Orange” stickers. These will be used along the route as well.
- At strategic intersections, some roads or tracks may also be taped off with red/white danger tape to prevent riders from taking the wrong road.
- The correct route may also be confirmed with white lime powder, or construction tape attached to grass or vegetation.
- All races start and finish at the designated locations.
- All marshals must be obeyed, and in their absence traffic regulations are to be obeyed.
- Race etiquette is the mark of a top runner. A few seconds can easily be caught up.
Water and Food
- Runners will have water points on their routes (maximum interval is 15km).
- On all routes there will be adequate water points on the route where energy drinks and water will be available. There is also a water point at the finish.